1. Wilander twice won the Australian Open when that tournament was still played on grass courts.
2. He and Rafael Nadal are the only men in tennis history to have won at least two Grand Slam singles titles on each of the three surfaces.
3. Wilander won his fourth career Grand Slam singles title at the age of 20, the youngest man in history to have achieved that feat.
4. Stands alone as the youngest Australian Open champion
5. Lives on an 81-acre estate in Hailey, Idaho
6. He is a supporter of Leeds United A.F.C.
7. Wilander escaped death in December 1988 when, despite having made a reservation on Pan-Am flight 103, which was destroyed by a terrorist bomb over Lockerbie, he did not take a seat on the flight.
8. For several weeks each year he and a business partner (Cameron Lickle) travel around the United States in a Winnebago, offering lessons at tennis clubs and private homes
9. In 2002, Wilander was inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
10. Wilander won his fourth career Grand Slam singles title at the age of 20, the youngest man in history to have achieved that feat.
Watch: Mats Wilander Uncovered