1. The biggest regret of Goran’s career is that he never made it to number one in the world.
2. Goran is a die-hard fan of the English football team West Bromwich Albion, and follows their matches online no matter where he is in the world.
3. He appeared on a Croatian reality tv show in which he exchanged jobs with a street cleaner. He had to get up at 4am to sweep the roads in Zagreb. Afterwards, he said it was the hardest work of his life.
4. Goran believes that, if he had failed to win Wimbledon at the fourth attempt in 2001, he might have killed himself, or ‘gone to live in Alaska forever’.
5. He is the only person to win the men’s singles title at Wimbledon as a wildcard.
6. In 2001 he received the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Overseas Personality Award.
7. He won the Davis Cup, Hopman Cup and World Team Cup with Croatia
8. His Wimbledon success was rated sixteenth at the list of 100 Greatest Sporting Moments by a British television programme.
9. Holds record for most aces in a calendar year
10. Holds record for most aces in a tournament with 212 aces en route to winning Wimbledon in 2001.
Watch: Goran Ivanisevic Uncovered